Terms and Conditions
The Escape House GJ
I hereby acknowledge that I and/or my child(ren) and/or the participant(s) in my group have voluntarily agreed to participate in the ESCAPE GAME ACTIVITY (also herein referred to as "Activity" or "Escape Game") located at 605 Grand Avenue, Grand Junction, Colorado ("Premises"), and I understand and assume all risks associated with participating in the Activity.
In consideration of participating in the ESCAPE GAME ACTIVITY I represent that I understand the nature of the Activity and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I acknowledge that if I believe Activity conditions are unsafe, or if I am unfit for any component of Activity participation, I will immediately discontinue participating in the Activity. I fully understand that this Activity involve risks of physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability (including paralysis), economic or emotional loss, and/or death, which may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, of others participating in the event, the conditions in which the event takes place, or the negligence of "the Company" named below, and that there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time, and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs and damages I incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
For the valuable consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activity, I and each of my heirs, personal representatives, guardians, conservators, agents, successors and assigns, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the following persons and entities (these entities are collectively referred to herein as "the Company"): (1) The Escape House GJ , a sole proprietorship and its owner, employees, insurers, agents, volunteers, successors and assigns, and related persons and entities in their official and individual capacities; and (2) the property owner who leases the property to The Escape House GJ. I specifically release these entities from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, causes of action (including but not limited to negligence), claims of relief, or injuries related to or arising from my being a participant in the Activity or my presence at the Company's facilities. I, and each of my heirs, personal representatives, guardians, agents, conservators, successors and assigns, agree: a) not to make a claim against or sue the Company or attach property of the Company; b) to waive any and all claims against the Company; and c) to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company for injury, death, or property damage caused by, resulting from or in any way related to my being a participant in the Escape Game or otherwise resulting from my presence at the Company's facility, whether or not such injury, death, or property damage was caused by the negligence of the Company or Company's staff. In the event I, or a representative on my behalf, take any legal action against the Company that is contrary to the terms of this Release, I agree to be responsible for all attorney fees and costs the Company incurs in defending such legal action, including any ultimate verdict or settlement.
I am aware that the Escape Game Activity:
(1) Involves simulated confinement in a room or rooms, and the Activity is mentally intense, and may be physically intense.
(2) Involves risks associated with participation in the Activity, which include but are not limited to physical or psychological injury, pain, suffering, illness, disfigurement, temporary or permanent disability (including paralysis), economic or emotional loss, and/or death.
(3) May involve physical activity, including but not limited to crouching, crawling, reaching, lifting, unusual uses of limbs, riding a stationary bike, or other activities and tasks which could raise a participant's heart rate, result in injury, or result in a re-injury of a previous injury.
(4) May involve variations in lighting, limited vision, darkness, the feeling of being in an enclosed space, feelings or pressure related to time constraints, exposure to laser lights, etc.
(5) This list is provided for illustrative and informative purposes only and is not intended to be exhaustive or to in any manner limit the intended broad reach of this release. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Colorado; if any provision is held invalid, it is agreed that the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
I am aware and I understand that these injuries or outcomes may arise from my own or other's actions, inaction, or negligence, conditions related to travel, or the condition of the Activity location(s). Nonetheless, I assume all related risks, both known or unknown to me, of my participation in this Activity, including travel to, from and during the Activity.
I have carefully read this release and fully understand its contents. I understand that I may choose not to participate in the Escape Game Activity, including any collective or individual components of the Escape Game Activity, and in such case, I will immediately notify the staff of my decision. I have read this agreement and understand I am giving up legal rights by clicking 'I Agree", and am freely and voluntarily agreeing to it without any inducement.
Photo release: I agree to allow this organization to photograph or videotape my participation in the Activity. I understand that the pictures may be used in promoting the Company.